I confess that I LOVE garage sales. I love a great bargain and someone's trash is another person's treasure. AMIRIGHT!? Sure there is a bunch of crap but then there are those treasures you can get for a bit of nothing. Last year I was on a recipe book kick and would buy almost every recipe book I came across at garage sales. I grabbed an old church recipe book and it had a recipe for Pecan Pumpkin Bundt Cake. I flagged the page, made it and I have made it a few times since. This is THE BEST Pecan Pumpkin Cake I have ever tasted. It isn't overly pumpkiny (<< yeah, I made that word up) so even the kids devour it. It is also really simple and delicious. Did I mention that part?
The part that takes this cake from great to THE BEST is how moist it is and the pecan icing that gets drizzled over the top. I like to use a straw to poke holes in the cake so the icing can soak into the middle making each bite perfect. If you are hosting a fall party or holiday I promise this cake will the talk of the gathering.
HELLO do you see that icing full of pecans dripping down the cake? My daughter was literally licking it off of the cutting board she thought it was so good. Needless to say she then got it in her hair but to a three year old she didn't care.
Sorry for all of the pictures but isn't this cake just plain pretty?
THE BEST PECAN PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE RECIPE
For the cake
For the icing
- In a mixing bowl mix together all of the cake ingredients. Pour cake mix into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Once the cake is finished remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
- In a small saucepan combine all of the icing ingredients and heat until the butter is melted.
- Pour the icing over the top of the cake and allow to completely cool.
I hope you are all having a great Fall and add this recipe to your Fall Bucket List!
I party HERE
I party HERE