Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less depending on your spice tolerance)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Cut a slit in the side of each chicken breast and stuff with goat cheese. Place the chicken breasts in a dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix the crushed crackers, salt and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle and press onto the tops of the chicken breast. Lightly spray with non cook spray and put in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- In another small melt the butter and then stir in the honey. Remove the chicken after the first 10 minutes and drizzle the honey butter over the top of the chicken.
- Return the chicken back to the 350 degree oven for another 25 minutes or until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
Seriously dinner doesn’t get much better than these goat cheese chicken breasts. I serve them with mashed potatoes, rice or a veggie and nobody every complains when this meal hits the table. Although I am pretty lucky in the picky eater department! My kids seem to eat most everything and three out of the four love broccoli.
I party HERE