RED WHITE & BLUE COOKIE RECIPE:
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in egg and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in baking powder, salt, vanilla and 2 cups of flour. The mixture will seem to be very dry at first – you may need to use your hand to really mix it in and if it is too sticky add another 1/4 cup of flour.
- Separate dough into three separate bowls. Add blue food coloring to one bowl and red to another. Stir until food coloring is fully incorporated.
- Take a pinch of dough from each of the three bowls and roll dough into one inch circles, roll into sugar and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- If you would like to add sprinkles to your cookies press them down into a cup of sprinkles so just the tops will have them.
- Gently push cookies down with your middle three fingers and bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them set on the cookie sheet for one minute before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
Too get really vibrant colors (especially red rather than pink) I usually use Wilton food coloring but I was all out and used liquid food coloring drops. I kept adding and stirring until I got the colors I wanted and in the end they turned out perfectly.
I party HERE
Check out the Poofy Cheeks Blog Pinterest Board for other craft and recipe ideas!
Follow Poofy Cheeks’s board Poofy Cheeks Blog on Pinterest.