I asked my husband what he wanted for dinner the other day and he said sloppy joes or meatloaf. I am personally not a huge fan of meatloaf and the one recipe I do like he doesn't so that narrowed it down quickly. Sloppy joes for dinner! I'm sharing my fail-proof, easy homemade sloppy joe recipe with you today.
Deciding what is for dinner every night is one of my most dreaded tasks. If I don't plan it out ahead of time I can spend the whole day trying to think about it and still not have anything planned by 5pm. Either I literally can't think of anything, nothing sounds good or I'm not in the mood to cook. On days like those we end up ordering carryout or I cook something super simple. Bottom line - it is better for my budget to meal plan!
Sloppy Joes are a super simple dinner and they come together in about fifteen minutes so if you need dinner in a hurry these are a good choice. Brown the meat with onions, mix in a few other ingredients and slop it on a bun.
Sloppy Joe Recipe
- 1.5-2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 onion - diced
- 12 ounces chili sauce (I used Heinz)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet add ground beef and diced onion cooking on medium heat until beef is browned.
- Drain fat from the skillet and return the pan to the stove on medium/low heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and then chili sauce and mustard. Stir and cook for a few minutes until heated through.
- Serve on buns.
I party HERE
Check out the Poofy Cheeks Blog Pinterest Board for other craft and recipe ideas!
Follow Poofy Cheeks's board Poofy Cheeks Blog on Pinterest.