We have made this Smothered and Covered Chicken dish a few times since staying with my parents and everyone has loved it. What is it smothered and covered in you ask... well it has honey mustard, bacon, lotsa' cheese and french fried onions. From my mom and dad to my sister and my kids everyone has enjoyed this delicious dinner. Pair the chicken with a box of cheesy rice and you have a meal.
I timed myself making this dinner last week and from start to finish it too 40 minutes. The chicken took 10 minutes of prep time and 30 minutes of cook time. While it cooks you can use that time to make a side salad, rice or another side dish.
- 4 chicken breasts - boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 ounce package real bacon bits
- 2 cups cheddar jack cheese
- 1/2 cup french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butterfly each chicken breast and place in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together mustard and honey. Rub mustard over both sides of each chicken breast.
- Top chicken breasts with cheese, bacon bits and french fried onions.
- Bake chicken for about 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Watch your family devour this meal!
Since easy dinners are something we all look for from time to time (okay so I look for them more often than not!) I have teamed up with 40+ other bloggers to bring you even more quick dinner ideas perfect for busy weeknights!
I party HERE
Check out the Poofy Cheeks Blog Pinterest Board for other craft and recipe ideas!
Follow Poofy Cheeks's board Poofy Cheeks Blog on Pinterest.