Yay! I’m back to blogging! After taking most of August off from blogging I am so happy to be blogging again. The past month has been a whirlwind! We found out that my husband got a new job at the beginning of the month with the Florida Wildlife Commission and he would have to go away for an 8 week training starting August 25th. After his training is done we have to move to another county and since I couldn’t move everything by myself we decided to put all of our belongings in a storage unit and the kids and I would stay with my parents while he was gone. In the midst of moving and getting Mike off to his training the two oldest boys started school and we bought a new car. I am now a member of the mini van club because the jeep we had only fit five people and we are now a family of six! Throughout the whirlwind Mike had to prepare himself for the eight week training and physical training he was about to endure. He was running a little over three miles every other day and trying his best to fill his diet with more fruits and vegetables. We started eating a lot of sweet potatoes and fruit salads as our sides with dinner.
I came up with a savory way to make roasted potatoes using red and sweet potatoes and it became one of our favorite summer side dishes. Seasoned Roasted Potato Recipe Ingredients::
- 1-2 sweet potatoes – peeled
- 5-6 red potatoes
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Italian Dressing Seasoning Packet
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-1/2 inch slices and toss in a medium bowl with olive oil and half of the contents of an Italian Dressing seasoning packet.
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes. When potatoes are fork tender they are ready.
- I used the Good Seasons brand of Italian dressing seasoning.
- This dish is very versatile. A few times we used sweet potatoes and asparagus so feel free to switch things up!
I party HERE
Check out the Poofy Cheeks Blog Pinterest Board for other craft and recipe ideas! Follow Poofy Cheeks’s board Poofy Cheeks Blog on Pinterest.