This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
When I think of fall I think of trips to the apple orchard, piles of leaves and big chunky sweaters. I dream of apple scented candles and apple cider donuts. Each new season brings excitement, recipes and memories I plan to make with my family but fall recipes always seems to be the most exciting. In fall things slow down, cool down and we start to snuggle indoors watching movies and eating hearty meals with desserts and snacks. For us apple is the true #FlavorofFall!
Since my family is from Illinois and we all live in Florida now we always reminisce about trips to the apple orchard when fall rolls around. Our friends and family back home start posting pictures of their visits to the orchards and then I get inspired to make apple everything! This year is no different. Since the kids and I are living with my parents right now (if you missed it my husband is away on a job training) we have all been able to enjoy the flavors of fall together. In the past week I have made mini pies, easy apple roll-up desserts and I tossed together an apple pie trail mix that my boys have been asking to take as a snack in their lunch boxes.
This post is a two-fer – (a two for one) – because I am sharing TWO delicious and EASY recipes using apples as the star ingredient! After all apple is the winning #FlavorofFall!
Easy Apple Pie Roll-Up Recipe (adapted from my peach roll-up recipe)
- Refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 apple cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling into crescents)
- 1/3 cup Mott's® Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Mott's® Apple Juice
- 1/2 cup lemon lime flavored soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll and separate refrigerated crescent rolls. Sprinkle each one with a pinch of cinnamon and then roll a slice of apple up in the rolls. Place in a baking dish.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and Mott’s apple sauce together and spoon over crescents.
- Mix soda and apple sauce together and pour over top.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
These apple roll-ups are divine and with the brown sugar and cinnamon flavors create the ultimate fall dessert! I purchased all of the ingredients at my local Walmart which means EVERYONE can make these!
Ready for another apple inspired recipe? Apple pie trail mix is a total hit in our house. Walmart currently has candy apple flavored M&M's®. As soon as I saw them the idea to make a apple pie trail mix hit and I went back through the isles gathering the ingredients I needed. Do you do that? You come across an item and then the light bulb goes on and you backtrack through the store gathering ingredients? For me it depends on how many of my four children are tagging along and if they are behaving!
Apple Pie Trail Mix Recipe
- 1 cup walnuts
- 5 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Candy Apple M&M's®
- 1/2 cup crushed cinnamon apple chips
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine walnuts and cereal.
- In a small microwave safe bowl combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and cinnamon. Microwave for one minute, remove and stir then microwave for an additional minute.
- Pour butter/sugar mixture over cereal and toss to coat.
- Microwave the cereal for three minutes, stopping to toss after each minute.
- Lay the cereal mix out onto foil or wax paper to cool.
- Once cool add in the candy apple M&M's® and apple chips. Mix and store in an air tight container.
Find the candy apple M&M's® (and maybe grab a bag of candy corn M&M's® while you are at it) in the seasonal isle. I didn’t see them the first time I went looking for them but then I checked the seasonal isle with the other candies and wallah there it was!
For more fall recipes visit http://.theFlavorofFall.com
I party HERE
Follow Poofy Cheeks's board Poofy Cheeks Blog on Pinterest.
Check out the Poofy Cheeks Blog Pinterest Board for other craft and recipe ideas!