Sure – flowers are beautiful but I just never saw the point in spending a bunch of money on a bouquet of flowers that would be dead in about a weeks time. That is just my personal opinion possibly swayed by the fact that I am not great at keeping any sort of flower alive for very long. Take the dead marigolds in the pot outside my door for example – bought them a few weeks ago, planted them in a pot, watered them and they still died! Today I have a really fun printable for the kiddos to use and create a beautiful Mother’s Day flower bouquet which is guaranteed not to wilt or die! The flowers are original watercolors painted by my boys and I (the boys are SO excited to have their flowers included!!) Kids of all ages will have a lot of fun creating and arranging their own bouquet. SUPPLIES:
- Printable Flowers (HERE) printed out onto white cardstock
- Hole Punch
- Paper Straws
- A vase of some sort (optional)
- Cut out all of the flowers along the faint orange lines I added onto the printable.
- Use a hole punch to punch a hole in the center of each flower. An adult may need to assist by gently using scissors to punch a hole into the larger flowers if your hole punch doesn’t reach.
- Gently slide a straw through each hole (the hole made my a hole punch is the perfect size as the paper fits snugly over the straw and stays in place).
- Arrange the flowers into a bouquet and gift to mom on Mother’s Day!
I party HERE
Check out the Poofy Cheeks Blog Pinterest Board for other craft and recipe ideas! Follow Poofy Cheeks’s board Poofy Cheeks Blog on Pinterest.