Speaking of baths – today I have a super easy grapefruit sugar scrub recipe to share. This scrub would make a perfect gift for Mother’s Day, an expecting mom or any occasion really! The best part about this scrub is that you don’t need any special fragrance oils or colorants – everything for this recipe can be purchased at a craft store and grocery store.
Grapefruit Sugar Scrub Cube Instructions-
- 1 pound melt and pour soap – I used white melt and pour from Michael’s
- Juice from half a grapefruit – strained free of pulp
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 20 drops of grapefruit fragrance oil (optional – I get mine from Indigo Fragrance on ETSY)
- Microwave safe bowl
- Sandwich size plastic container
- Cut the soap into squares (about 2x2 inches) and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave according to package directions until melted.
- Once the soap base is melted you need to work quickly to stir in the olive oil, grapefruit juice and fragrance oil.
- Then quickly mix in sugar until incorporated and pour into sandwich size container to set. The soap will start to set when you add the sugar so that is why it is super important to work fast.
- Once the soap has set (about 1-2 hours depending on how thick it is) remove from the container and use a knife to cut the brick into cubes.
After I made the soap and was letting it set my son walked through the kitchen twice asking ‘Mom what is that smell!?’ He was pretty sad when I told him it was soap instead of food. I love these little cubes because they do a great job at exfoliating or getting off the pesky beach sand (yes, sadly that is a problem we Floridians sometimes have). Since these cubes are meant to help exfoliate I recommend only using them once per week.
I party HERE
Check out the Poofy Cheeks Blog Pinterest Board for other craft and recipe ideas!
Follow Poofy Cheeks's board Poofy Cheeks Blog on Pinterest.