French Toast with Fresh Strawberries:Ingredients
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 slices of bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon and powdered sugar (optional)
- In a small bowl mix together sliced strawberries and sugar. Stir to coat and set aside.
- In a low dish such as a pie plate lightly beat together eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Place a griddle on medium heat grease the pan with shortening. (See my notes below)
- Working with one slice of bread at a time, dip and press the bread into the egg mixture, flip and repeat to coat the other side. Hold the bread over the egg mixture for a second before placing on the heated griddle.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the slices and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, flip and repeat. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve french toast with fresh strawberries and syrup!
**As the strawberries sit with the sugar it draws out some of the juices making a strawberry-like syrup. You don’t have to add the sugar but I highly recommend it!
**I prefer to use shortening to grease my pan because it doesn’t turn brown like butter can when the pan gets too hot.
**When I make french toast I store the finished slices in an oven safe dish inside a 200 degree oven so that they stay warm and we can all have a hot meal together at the table as a family.
I am a total breakfast person – I personally love nights when we eat breakfast for dinner! French toast is one of my favorites and adding the fresh strawberries just kicks it up to a whole new level!
I party HERE
I party HERE