Just like most of the projects and recipes I share – I created these mini basket place cards on a budget. I used seed starter cups I picked up at the dollar store, a bag of Easter grass from Target that cost $0.50, the moss and paper doilies from Michael’s were 40% off and I used cupcake liners and twine I already had. The total cost was around $7 for 14 of them.
- Seed starter cups
- Cupcake liners
- Easter grass
- Paper tags/doilies
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Start by cutting down the side of a cupcake liner and then cutting out the bottom round part. Each seed cup will require 1.5 cupcake liners. (See image below)
- Use a hot glue gun to glue the cupcake liner to the inside of the seed starter cup.
- Using a pen write all of your guest’s names on a paper tag or doiley and secure them the seed starter cups with twine.
- Fill each cup with Easter grass and tuck in a small piece of moss.
I did a different version for the kids to keep things bright and fun on their table. I left the cupcake liner intact and glued it to the bottom of the seed starter cup, filled with paper grass and a plastic Easter egg with a bit of candy inside.
Just so you don’t think I am going all crazy – I wanted to share that I am using paper plates and plastic silverwear on our Easter table. My pregnant butt doesn’t want to be doing dishes for the week following Easter so these name tags will really give the paper plate set table a richness and elegance!
I party HERE