Cereal snacks such as these no-bake golden graham peanut butter drops have become a staple in our home since my kids have started school. When they get home from school they are ready to tear down the pantry door and ravage through all of the food. I have started hiding thing like fruit snacks, muffins and cracker packs on the top shelf in hopes to reserve them but they still seem to be gone within days! Since cereal is cheap and versatile I have been trying to keep some sort of cereal snack around for them to munch on. This one might not be the most healthy but it sure is festive for Valentine’s Day! These would even be the perfect school snack if you packaged them up really cute!
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 6 cups of golden graham cereal
- 1 cup of M&Ms
- Mix the syrup and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Allow to boil for one minute and then remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over the cereal and M&Ms and stir to coat.
- Use a large spoon to spoon the mixture out onto parchment or wax paper.
- Allow to cool and harden up then serve or store in an air tight container.
I am just warning you that these things are mighty addictive to hide them from yourself if you fear you might be confined to a home with them and there are no kids around to feed them too!Enjoy,
I party HERE