Holiday baking has become a tradition I am trying to carry on with my children – one that my mom did with us. For the past few years we have baked here and there and then had one big baking day where my brother and sister come over and we make five or six different sweets. We started our holiday baking a little early this year because this coming weekend I am going to visit my brother at FSU and I wanted to take him some holiday sweets. Since he is three hours from home and has a job this year he won’t get to come home until a day or two before Christmas – missing out on all of our baking.
Wondering what we baked up? Peppermint mocha cupcakes with peppermint mocha buttercream frosting… of course! Coffee-mate has their seasonal flavors out and I incorporated the peppermint mocha creamer to make a delicious buttercream frosting!
Peppermint Mocha Cupcake Ingredients:
- Chocolate cake mix (and ingredients it calls for on the box)
- Strong brewed peppermint flavored coffee, room temperature (enough to replace the amount of water the box cake mix calls for)
- 1 cup, 2 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons Liquid Coffee-mate Peppermint Mocha
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions but replace the water with brewed peppermint flavored coffee. Once baked allow to cool.
- For the frosting – Use a mixer to whip butter until creamy. Add in powdered sugar and beat on low until well blended. Once blended mix on medium speed for two minutes.
- Add salt, peppermint extract and Coffee-mate Peppermint Mocha and mix until combined.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cool frost them and enjoy!
My hint: Since I only wanted a single serving of the peppermint coffee to add into the cake mix I used my French press and put it into the refrigerator for ten minutes to cool before adding into the cake batter.
I garnished mine with peppermint chocolate but candy canes would make the perfect garnish too!
Don’t forget the other season flavors Coffee-mate has out right now! Make the season better with Dark Chocolate Fudge, Peppermint Mocha and Eggnog Latte.
OH and to sweeten this whole recipe even more Coffee-mate wants to give one Poofy Cheeks reader their own Coffee-mate prize pack (a $50 value!) #CMcantwaitCGC
To enter the giveaway leave a comment and tell me what your favorite Coffee-mate flavor is!
Coffee-mate is a wonderful addition to seasonally-inspired recipes. Check them out here or here.
Giveaway winner will be picked 11/22 at 5pm.
I party HEREI was selected for this opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, however all content and opinions expressed here are my own.