Poofy Cheeks: Gourmet Coffee to the Rescue–Keeping it Real

November 6, 2013

Gourmet Coffee to the Rescue–Keeping it Real

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.

As I sit down to write this my daughter is screaming from her high chair refusing to take a nap. It is noon and her normal morning nap time is 10 o’clock. All I want is five minutes to myself or at least five minutes of peace! I have a Gevalia Mocha Latte that has been calling my name since I woke up this morning.

The past few days have been like this. Delilah is cutting two teeth so between her explosive poopy diapers and her crying I am near tears too. This morning she wasn’t up ten minutes and had already pooped through her diaper and all up her back on the new pajamas I bought her yesterday. It was so horrible I took her straight to the bath tub. Needless to say my kids have been taking up 90% of my time lately and the other 10% is me shuffling around trying to fill orders and run my business. The past few weeks blogging has seemed to fall by the wayside. A lot of things have seemed to fall by the wayside.

I was driving in the car with my husband the other day, feet up on the dash, and he was starring at my legs. I looked down to notice I had werewolf length hair growing on them. My eyebrows are beginning to resemble Frida Kahlo’s, old finger nail polish peeling off and my hair has been in a constant ponytail or bun. It was then that I made a promise to myself that each day I need to take AT LEAST ten minutes to myself. That doesn’t mean ten minutes where my kids are trying to beat my bedroom door down to get to me – it means ten minutes of quiet alone time to do whatever I want. (I think I’ll nap!)

(And then the moment I have been waiting for all morning – Delilah is finally napping! {Insert break while I go brew myself a single serve gourmet coffee in my Keurig})

Single Serve Gevalia Mocha Latte #shop

Single Serve Gevalia Mocha Latte #shop

You know isn’t it funny that sometimes as moms that one #CupOfKaffe is all we need to regroup, reenergize and get back into our happy place? Seriously ten minutes ago I was near an all out breakdown and now I am enjoying a delicious mocha latte and starting to feel that spark from blogging that I haven’t felt in a long time.

I bought the Gevalia Mocha Latte K-cups at WalMart last week and they have quickly become my favorite thing to brew in my Keurig! It isn’t just a regular cup of Joe – it is like the drinks I would indulge in at a gourmet café for a fraction of the price. Now I don’t have to feel guilty about spending a bunch of money at a high end coffee shop when I can brew these at home! The Gevalia mocha latte comes with a packet that you pour into the bottom of your cup and then the K-cup that you brew - stir and drink. I like to add a dollop of whip cream on the top of mine for a little added gourmet bonus!

Single Serve Gevalia Mocha Latte #shop

Single Serve Gevalia Mocha Latte #shop

Single Serve Gevalia Mocha Latte #shop

Now to keep it even more real here is what my craft desk is currently looking like (picture below). Right now it is covered in folded laundry, sippy cups, random flip flops on the floor and craft supplies and rulers scattered about. I’m hoping now that I have downed this mocha latte and taken a little time to myself I can get up enough energy to put it all away and start straightening our pig sty of a home!

Single Serve Gevalia Mocha Latte #shop

Enjoy,

Follow Poofy Cheeks on InstagramFollow Poofy Cheeks on TwitterFollow Poofy Cheeks on PinterestFollow Poofy Cheeks on Facebook 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that things have been so crazy for you! I totally agree that the Gevalia Mocha Latte is the perfect thing to enjoy during a small break in the day. #client

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!