In my local Super Target there is a Starbucks as soon as you walk in on the grocery side – and I normally I enter the store there. The signs for pumpkin spice lattes are plastered around the store even if I enter near the dollar spot. The signs sing to me – (to the tune of the Hocus Pocus song) ‘Come little children, I’ll take you away, away to Starbucks where we have a Pumpkin Spice Latte.’ Okay, so I clearly have Halloween and fall on the brain these days! Seriously though, the signs or the smell catch my attention every time I walk in Target and although I fight the urge I usually cave in to treating myself to Starbucks.
A few weeks ago my sister-in-law made a latte that changed my coffee world. It was so delicious and rich that the Starbucks lattes just didn’t compare anymore (especially when you factor in price!) I come home from dropping my boys off to school and prepare a coffee or latte topped with my pumpkin spice whip cream and it is the perfect way to start my day!
To get my rich and buttery Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe head over to Hi! It’s Jilly where I just guest posted with the recipe!
Pumpkin Spice Whip Cream ingredients:
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons imitation butter extract (or vanilla will work too)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- In a medium bowl beat the heavy cream on medium high for 2-3 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form
- Add in the extract and pumpkin pie spice and beat on low until combined.
- Top your PSL with the whip cream and then add one last dash of pumpkin pie spice so you really feel like your enjoying a luxurious latte!
I party HERE