A few weeks ago I shared a recipe for Rosemary Feta Potatoes and mentioned that my husband loves feta cheese. The other night I was inspired to mix elements from his favorite appetizer (bruschetta dip) with feta cheese. The outcome was easy and delicious!
To make your own Feta Crostini you will need the following ingredients:
- Loaf of french bread
- Butter or olive oil
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning blend
- Slice the french bread loaf into once inch thick pieces. Lightly butter or brush both sides of the pieces.
- Broil the bread for two minutes until it is golden brown, flip and broil opposite side for another two minutes.
- In a small bowl mix feta cheese, garlic salt, two tablespoons of olive oil, red pepper flakes and italian seasoning.
- Top each piece of bread and pop into a 350 degree oven for about 5-8 minutes which will really bring out the flavor of the mixture.
My husband said they were awesome but next time I should double the amount of cheese I put on top of each slice. I should have known – when it comes to dips or sauces he always goes overboard. Don’t even try eating chips and salsa with the guy because if you blink the salsa is GONE!Enjoy,
I party HERE