Rice krispie treats are very popular in our home. We make them every couple of weeks and they disappear almost as fast as I can make them. Most of the time we just make the original rice krispie treats, but sometimes we like to add a special touch to them! With Halloween quickly approaching we recently whipped up a batch of Halloween Nutella Rice Krispy treats. Nutella is my weakness (I wish I could blame it on the pregnancy but it is a constant weekness!)
Rice Krispie Bar Ingredients:
- 10oz package of marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of Nutella spread
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a large saucepot melt the three tablespoons of butter. When it is melted add in the marshmallows and stir constantly until they are completely melted. Remove from the burner and add in the rice krispie cereal. Stir until all of the cereal is coated in marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture into a 9x13 pan and spread them evenly. (HINT: I usually spray my fingers with non-stick cooking spray and gently push the rice krispies into the pan.)
- In a microwave-safe bowl mix add the nutella, chocolate chips, and butter. Put them in the microwave for one minute and then remove to stir. Continue to microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the mixture is completely melted. Then spread across the top of the rice krispie bars with a spatula.
- Add sprinkles and allow the chocolate topping to cool before cutting.