I can officially say that one room in our new house is completely done. The room that is usually the most messy, stinky, and the resting place for two little monsters – The Boys’ Room! I am doing their room with a grown up alphabet theme and had intentions of doing three canvases with A, B, and C on them. I was here at home today and itching to do some sort of DIY project, but I didn’t have a car. I saw my pallet boards in the corner and thought of using those to make something, but then remembered an old shelf that I took from my parents house because they were going to throw it out.
I pulled out the old shelf and my rubber mallet. I got to work taking the darn thing apart and instantly regretted my decision to start an outdoor type project. It was blazing hot today and within a couple of minutes I had sweat in places that shouldn’t have sweat. Sorry TMI, I know, but SERIOUSLY it was hot out. I got that baby apart and headed inside for a tall cold drink!
I then used my cricut to cut vinyl into a capital and lowercase A, B, and C to put on three pieces of the shelf. They would have looked pretty cool by just leaving them this way except for the vinyl doesn’t stick too well to wood, and I was going for a navy instead of a baby blue.
I put the pieces into a box lid one at a time and sprayed them down with a light coat of navy spray paint. I still wanted some of the wood to show through so I only did one coat of paint. If you don’t want the wood to show through as much then you could do a few coats.
I was so pleased with how they turned out. They are way better than what I envisioned and my husband even thought they were awesome. (I knew they were good if he had something to say! Normally he just looks and nods when I show him my projects.)
So here is the before and after:
Come see the full reveal of their bedroom and how I try (keyword here is TRY) to keep their toys organized!