My mom made this for just about every party that called for a dish-to-pass growing up and it will knock your socks off every time! There is something about the double dose of chocolate, whipped cream, and heath bar that just screams EAT ME! Every time I make this I am reminded of good memories we shared during my childhood. I grew up in rural Illinois and most of the time we were attending parties with bon fires, four wheelers, tractors, and good food! You can get the printable recipe HERE or follow along below. This recipe is made to feed a crowd, so feel free to half it if you are just making this for your family! Ingredients:
- 1 chocolate cake mix – cooked according to box directions
- (2) 1.5 oz boxes of instant chocolate pudding
- 4 cups of milk
- (2) 8oz tubs of cool-whip (or 1 16oz tub)
- Heath bar pieces
- Cook your cake according to the directions on the box and allow to cool.
- Right before you put the trifle together make the pudding, but only add 2 cups of milk instead of 4 like the box directions state. So mix your two boxes of budding with 4 cups of milk (instead of 8).
- In a large bowl use your hand to crumble half of the cake mix. Use a spatula to spread half of the pudding on top, and then spread half of the cool-whip. Sprinkle with heath pieces and repeat!