A few months ago I bought a pair of chairs off of Craigslist. I paid $10 for each chair. When I brought them home my husband thought I had gone crazy. They were pretty ugly and the seat covers were hideous!
Here they were when I brought them home -
I removed the seat covers and then completely recovered them. If you want to know how to recover a seat – go HERE.
I originally reupholstered the seats in this mustard floral print.
As for the chair frames, I spray painted them with a flat black, applied black miniwax stain, and then put on two coats of polycrylic. In the end, I decided to go with a different fabric for cushions.
Overall I am very pleased with how the chairs turned out. They are done just in time for Easter – we could use some extra seating around here!