8 Days Until Halloween!!!
-I am so excited that we are getting family pictures in a few weeks! When I booked the photo session I immediately started thinking about props I could take that would show my families style and personality. I don’t want this to be like the Sear’s photo session we had a couple years ago. Though we liked them – they were just plain and typical!
I have seen ‘mustaches on a stick’ on ETSY and I think they are so funny! I started looking through all of them and found the ones I liked and some I didn’t. When I told my husband about my idea to buy them he suggested I make my own. I did a little research and then did just that! After making them my mind started running to Halloween. How funny would it be to take my mustache to work on Halloween? Everyone would get a kick out of it!
Talk about EASY! These were so simple. No sewing involved.
Here is what you need:
- Glue gun
- Thin cardboard (from a cereal or cracker box)
- Black felt
- Bamboo skewers
Here is what you do:
- Fold a peice of cardstock in half and draw half of the mustache against the fold. (Just like you did in grade school to make hearts) Cut out the shape.
- Unfold the mustache and trace it onto a piece of your box. Cut it out. This cutout will be the backing for your felt ‘stache so that it isn’t flimsy.
- Pin or hold the cardstock to the felt and cut out your mustache.
- Hot glue your cardboard to the felt. You may have to trim some of the cardboard so you don’t see it once they are glued together. Then glue the bamboo skewer to the back.
- Ta-da… your very own mustache in minutes!