The ingredients you will need -
- 2 lbs. sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- Olive oil (2 tbsp)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Plain Greek Yogurt (6oz)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled, seeded, cubed)
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- Gyro toppings – cucumber, more feta cheese, red onion, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, kalamata olives or whatever you like.
- Mix the ingredients for your cucumber gyro sauce in a food processor or blender. Add 1 cup of crumbled feta, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, cucumber, a few shakes of Italian seasoning, cumin and coriander. (You can do this ahead of time and refrigerate)
2. Drizzle steak with olive oil and then season with S&P. I also rub minced garlic on it for flavoring. Broil or grill for 10-14 minutes flipping once for medium. I usually cook mine a little longer if I use the broiler.
3. While the steak is cooking get your toppings ready.
Enjoy!4. When the steak is done let it sit for a few minutes before thinly slicing. This is when I pop some french fries in the oven and set the table! Seasoning tip – We love to lightly dust our finished french fries with S&P as well as Everglade’s Seasoning.5. Through the flatbread under the broiler to quickly warm them up and then SERVE!